The Global Sponsorships and Events function in the business marketing department is responsible for the successful delivery of our company wide event portfolio at Booking.com - this portfolio includes customer, partner, industry, employer & employee events. This function is responsible for the delivery of our events specific in our new Campus Building and supporting the business to execute events through self service playbooks and resources.
The Campus is a space that Booking.com literally shares with the outside world. It's a space that Booking.com has made available to selected partners that, through their impact enterprises, are making a positive contribution to Amsterdam and the world. This will be the place where multiple stakeholders will meet each other. Visitors, people from Amsterdam and beyond, as well as employees from Booking.com. It's the place where the Booking.com brand comes to live.
The role of Event Manager: Community Events exists to lead the delivery support for internal event projects - ensuring that agreed & planned deliverables are realised in line with the overarching project plan. This role is expected to accelerate project delivery in their given technical area (program, strategic, creative, production or operation delivery expertise) including being a guardian for quality based on the project objectives & experience playbook per project.
The Event Manager: Community Events acts as the liaison between the business organization and its audience. Stakeholders will be internal as external (like local residents, other companies at the Oosterdok & external partners).
The Event Manager: Community Events role has impact through delivering projects that achieve business objectives and audience experience principles. This role has a strong voice within the wider project team making sure that the playbook for delivery is being innovated, realising new ideas that increase the returns from these investments and achieving maximum stakeholder satisfaction with project delivery.
To be successful in this role the Event Manager: Community Events should be a confident voice in event project delivery both individually and part of a larger team. This role is comfortable working on complex, multi-stream projects and understands how to both efficiently deliver while retaining the very best stakeholder & collaborator experience. This role is actively using project delivery skills matched with data, insights, creative thinking & quality delivery - aligned with their technical expertise across event management, event strategy, creative, production or operations.
- Take the lead in defining key delivery priorities for a specific event program or set of programs, based on the technical expertise in which this role is aligned (event management, stakeholder management, creative, production, operations).
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Lead the delivery of the highest quality experience from a brand, strategy & experience design perspective for your allocated tasks, working to ensure alignment with the overall sponsorship or event playbook.
- Create exceptional internal and external guest experiences across all aspects of the project this includes proactive management of communications and where needed ensuring project related inbound is dealt with efficiently.
- Actively deliver & support others to be proactive participants in the public plinth and the event team, ensuring progress is consistently up to date and support in solving escalated key issues where needed to maintain project delivery timelines.
- Fulfill the programming of the internal and the public spaces in the Campus.
- Be a key representative of the event team in engaging with talent, be on hand to support their needs both in preparations, onsite & post project completion, ensuring everything is in place for this talent to contribute to their fullest.
- Implement, access and adjust the Good Neighbor concept. To ensure consistency and coherence across partners and programming. Measure impact of different elements of the concept and adjust if needed, align with overall Booking.com strategy.
- Set the standards in creating the very safest event experiences by advocating and ensuring full compliance with the health, safety & security standards of the project aligned with your technical expertise.
- 5+ years craft experience working the delivery of large event management and/or project delivery for global brands.
- 5+ years experience in partnering with event/experiential agencies & vendors to deliver large complex projects.
- 5+ years experience in working & creating event/experiential project delivery
- Proven experience in project delivery for experiences & shows that exceed 2,000 attendees and/or multi-month project delivery schedules.
- Demonstrate experience working on a wide range of event projects specifically leading deliverables across pre-during-post project phases.
- Must have experience in working with or for large corporate enterprise organisations within the events discipline Great network skills, should be able to build strong productive, professional relationships with partners and other interested parties - both internal and external.
- Fluent in Dutch and Englisch
Pre- Employment Screening
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.